Tuesday 13 April 2010

Day 39 Living in the Moment

PENULTIMATE BLOG! Almost there. I have taken great liberty with the 40 day time frame but hey, I've a (happy, positive, fulfilled) life to be leading! I also suspect a faint whiff of reluctance for this to end...


So before I wrap this whole shebang of a blog up and this corner of the virtual world can breathe a huge sigh of relief, I will indulge one last time. Sob. YEP! It's time, once again, for the oh-so-slovenly, impetuous assessment by yours truly of an American motivational speaker. I have fallen in love with them all. I also love how, in American legal terms, cases are referred to as US vs. xyz case. (Is it all cases or just the significant ones? Don’t know, don't care, bored of Googling). Which bring me to...


Rachel vs. Aymee Coget.


Where to begin! Firstly, please enlighten me as to what is wrong with AMY? Clearly a tad conscious of all things name related, Aymee begins her biography with 'Coget (pronounced Co jjayy)'. Oh purlease! Bow down to the Great Lord of Etymology. Co jjayy? Anyhoo, Aymmeeee Co Jjayy has devoted her entire life to heping MILLIONS of people live happier lives. Are you counting Aymee? I do hope so. Aymee's work in 'sustainable happiness' is 'being recognised as ground breaking'. Well that's a first... I've studied sustainable heritage, am acquainted with sustainable forestry for example, but wowsa, sustainable happiness. That's a new 'un.


Aymee is an author in a book series called 'Thank God I'. All titles within the series focus on achieving gratitude in the face of adversity. Aymee's particular story is - seriously - 'Thank God I was fat, ugly, poor, divorced, and live in chronic pain'. Catchy little title. SO, having hit the Treacherous Rocks of Bottom, Aymee embraced her inner happiness and set forth to get rich.


Aymee's website lists some intriuging tesitmonials. "I would recommend Aymee's Happiness Makeover (trademark) to the world". "Aymee must be another word for Angel" Err no. Aymee must be another RANDOM word for AMY.


Not only is Aymee super talented at making millions of people happy (and quite possibly super talented at making millions, full stop), she is also a Crystal Adult. Aymee wanted to know why she was 'different from the norm' by having such a clear focused goal in life. Apparently she is part of a generation born under the term Crystal and has a lavender aura. I can't be bothered to read the extensive list of crazy new-age attributes to what, exactly, a Crystal Adult is but I will provide a little taster:


When a Crystal looks at you, you feel as if they have penetrated your very soul.


Aymee's blog is littered with testimonials broken by the odd snippet of happiness advice. One, for example, features a photo of Aymee rather seductively eying up the camera... OH NO wait, my mistake, looking into my very soul. The post is about Living in the Moment. SO many people ask Aymee how she does it! Well folks, brace yourselves, here's a handy tip


If you notice yourself preoccupied with something in the past or future that is not an "action item" (???), then reel back your thinking like a fishing rod so you can be back in the moment.


Oh wonderful! The proverbial fishing rod of mental dexterity.


Aymee, thank you. As a final bow to the Great Gods of American Self-Help, you are up there with the best of them. I am going to spend my day using that ol' mental fishing rod and revel in the present moment... not that moment, nope too late. THIS moment right now... oh no, missed it again TOO GODDAMN SLOW. I will get every possible 'morsel of experience, thinking, or learning, whatever that moment has to offer' and let you know how I get on...



2 comments:

  1. if i didn't know better i would say that the picture of aymee bears a startling resemblance to the author of this post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rachel! Glad to see you are practicing happiness! Im happy to help you at all along the way, or recommend my happiness home study or happiness makeover, or even joining the american happiness association or a happiness club near you.

    ReplyDelete