Tuesday 16 February 2010


HELLO!

Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent in the Christian calendar, falls on 17th February and ends on Sunday 4th April this year. I had absolutely no idea, until today and on close analysis of the history of Lent on a primary school website (my research is extensive), that lent doesn't include Sundays. It covers a 6.5 week period but within that is only relevant to 40 days. Brilliant. I now labels these 'Miserable Sundays'.

I should perhaps point out here that I am not religious. I am not fasting or depriving myself of anything because in my opinion when the weather is so miserable and the skies are so dark it falls close to basic human rights to have a glass of wine and a slab of chocolate.

What I am is, for want of a much better term, recovering. Last year was categorically the worst year of my life, for various reasons, and I have stored up feelings of loss, overwhelming disappointment, anger and resentment. SO realising the potential damage of internalising such angst and all-round unpleasantness, my relentless moping, wallowing, and extortionate mascara bills, I am embarking on a period of happiness. YES, I, for forty days and forty nights (Miserable Sundays not included) will follow a path of positivity and happiness.

I'm a little cautious that endless positivity and spouting 'positive mental attitude' quotes could render me p'haps a tad annoying to people leading a normal life for the next forty days. To these people, I apologise.

Everyday will have a positive quote and a positive lesson. I am sick of the word positive already.

1 comment:

  1. i have no idea what to write here! i usually have verbal diaorhea (which i cannot even spell) but what i want to say is hello and something like "go gal!"

    ReplyDelete