Sunday 28 February 2010

Day 12 Cold and Wet


The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Dolly Parton


A little apology for yesterday, it was a spectacularly cynical blog.


I am honestly positive right now which, trust me, hurts every sarcastic bone in my body. So, for the most part, this is working. Day 12, almost two weeks of positivity, and I am Positive. This isn't to say I'm in a state of permanent bliss BUT thinking I should be positive and sampling bite-size portions of positivity methodology is working! No matter how exorbitant, mentally unsound, desultory they can be.... and just like last Sunday, I'm not going to have a 'day off'.


REGARDLESS of that... a little bit of cosmic ordering later, plus a bit of sacrificial veg action, and yesterday was to be honest not the best and I felt, on the whole, uninspired. Got me wondering about how motivational speakers, like Kris MBE, stay so positive all the time. DO they? Surely they drop that little baton of convivial joy from time to time? Almost in a flash of inspiration I thought of that 90s GOD of positivity, Mr. Motivator. Firstly, what's he up to now, and is he still the bundle of lycra clad energy he was back in the day?? Real name Derrick Evans, the motivational guru resides in Jamaica and currently presides over an ecotourism resort, H'Evans Scent (??) and Jamaica's very first Paintball operation, PaintSplat. I love this!! I fully intend to visit H'Evans Scent, right after the 'notorios' Hedonism Resort in the northern part of the Island.


So, as demonstrated by Derrick, there's a physical aspect to Being Positive - exercise obviously helps, neon pink leotard optional. In addition, there's a whole heap of science demonstrating that positive & happy thinking - psychological state of mind - can lead to physiological benefits. Just this month the University of Columbia released fresh evidence that people of a sunnier disposition are less likely to develop heart disease.


Today I'm going to stick with Pantheism. It's the last day of the Week of Isms, I'm in the countryside, and I feel like having a little one-on-one time with Mother Nature. For today I will believe, wholeheartedly, in the 'all-encompassing unity and "sacredness" of Nature'. Right after I've piled on approx 20 layers of waterproof clothing and stashed some whiskey about my person (keeping up the Druid tradition obviously). There's a 'technique', albeit very very abstract, in archaeology called phenomenology, which is essentially the concept of 'being' in a landscape - hearing, seeing, and smelling a site instead of merely studying it on a map. It is extremely subjective, and usually highly criticized. BUT I'm gonna put it to the test and experience landscape, connect to nature, and eventually worship the god of Hot Baths.

1 comment:

  1. give the stones a stroke from me! and don't forget the photos...

    ReplyDelete