Friday 19 March 2010

Day 26 Pots of Gold


My absence has, once again, not been due to a lack of positive thinking - simply having to rely on a 'dongle' that 'restricts access to user-generated sites'. So I hold T Mobile entirely responsible for restricting my zen like flow of positivity.

Of course, I have been able to access just about EVERY OTHER USER-GENERATED SITE and in doing so found Michael Anthony. Who I keep thinking of as Mark Anthony. Which makes me wonder what Mark would say about How To Be Happy. Probably something along the lines of 'do your best not to piss off every powerful man in the Roman Empire and, on recognising your current sticky predicament, try not to believe those who are SURELY going to tell you little porky pies about your lover Cleopatra having supposedly killed herself, and decide to kill yourself. And then learn she's still alive'. OR even Mark Antony, current hubby of Latino diva J Lo. Who would probably just recommend keeping schtum as the key to peaceful life.


ANYHOO... today is all about Michael Anthony. Michael Anthony is a veritable silver haired fox of a man, who has, as far as I can tell, dedicated most of his life to Making Golfers Happy. He wrote, to quote the fox himself, 'an empowering book The Mental Keys to Improve Your Golf that has literally helped thousands of golfers to improve their mental games and lower their scores. FYI - in golf the lowest score wins :-)'


FYI Michael, thanks for that. Quote is taken from the About section of his How To Be Happy website, which is an intriguing page not least for his dashing 'come on in! the water's lovely!' smile and sunkissed Californian tan, but a slight obsession with wanting you to know his FREE e-book How To Be Happy And Have Fun Changing The World book is his gift to mankind.


'I'm giving it away for free as a gift to mankind'

Mankind thanks you Michael


'I wrote a book that will benefit all mankind'

Yes, and thank you.


Oh - and the 'PS' at the end - Michael wants you to know that he personally spends money EVERYDAY on Google AdWords to spread the Happy Book word and hopes to invest more. BUT should you wish to, you could make a donation by clicking the useful link direct to Michael's bank account. 'Thanks for helping out :-)' Ahh - and if you are at all fretting about how much is appropriate, he casually throws in the suggestion of $10.00. Don't forget guys, this book is FREE but in order to Spread The Word and help Make Our World A Better Place, MONEY ALWAYS HELPS. He doesn't say the last bit. That was my input. Sorry Mike. ;-)


As ever I am drifting from the Good Meaning of all this. Reading his Happy Book he answers the question 'why would I want to give away something so valuable for free when it took me many years of my life searching to obtain it?' Why? SHARING guys. He believes in the 'insights contained in the book' and if they work for him they will work for you... oh but the choice is yours to put the insights to work for you... That's kind of like a disclaimer isn't it?! I've read this so many times on positivity websites and in books, it's simply saying: look guys, here's the answer to eternal happiness BUT ONLY if you work at making it work. I can get you SO FAR, and then it's down to you. And therefore, any failures ain't my fault. It also further perpetuates the assumption that happiness is something you 'search to obtain'...


You should also know this book isn’t for 'weaklings, brooders and pouters' (pouters?!). Oh no. 'It is for individuals who want to be great and fly with the eagles'. Towards the end of the book, Michael actively appeals to all to spread the word of his book and 'insights'. Should you wish, you could email or post a copy to 'all of your elected representatives and the judges who interpret the law'. Oh and while you're at it, Michael suggests you 'email Oprah and ask her to put me on her show'.


Mike also recommends using the daily affirmation: 'I am always truthful, positive, and helping others'. Daily affirmations are a popular part of the Positivity Industry. I found this one on an About.com website - it’s the affirmation for March and inspired by Leprechauns.


Good luck follows me wherever I go. Today and everyday I visualize rainbows in the skies and a pot full of golden opportunities. I am truly blessed!


Amazing. I’m not sure what mind-altering drugs are involved here, but I’ll give it a go


:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment